Welcome, Guest

Poll:

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: Murmur (mumble server)

Murmur (mumble server) 2 years 8 months ago #970

• larz128
  • Fresh Boarder
This is a game chat application that is normally used in minecraft. Im sure many have heard of it...

Anyway i was wondering if this will be included in the future (I am not sure what the dependencies are so they might make the footprint too big... ), or if not, if there is a way to install it?

Here is the software: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Murmurguide
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Murmur (mumble server) 2 years 8 months ago #972

• Web interface / PHP developer & Community Manager?
  • bnm12
  • Administrator
larz128 wrote:
This is a game chat application that is normally used in minecraft. Im sure many have heard of it...

Anyway i was wondering if this will be included in the future (I am not sure what the dependencies are so they might make the footprint too big... ), or if not, if there is a way to install it?

Here is the software: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Murmurguide

I feel pretty safe saying that it will NOT be implemented as default, as it's not something everyone uses...

that said it very well might be implemented in the form of a script that installs it for you, and that way making it optional...
I'M A KARMA WHORE!!!!
@bnm12hw | +Benjamin Kristensen | bnm12 on Flickr

Murmur (mumble server) 2 years 8 months ago #975

• larz128
  • Fresh Boarder
bnm12 wrote:

I feel pretty safe saying that it will NOT be implemented as default, as it's not something everyone uses...

that said it very well might be implemented in the form of a script that installs it for you, and that way making it optional...

Thanks i didn't really expect it to be included.

So now was just wondering how i could install it, i don't mind building from source, but im not familiar with building on micro-core, eg is there a package similar to the Ubuntu (apt-get install build-essentials)?

no rush to reply just give a little guide when you have free time if you can :P i understand you have lives as well ;)

Murmur (mumble server) 2 years 8 months ago #977

• darkhand
  • Junior Boarder
It is quite useful, most major servers have a corresponding voice chat server. An install script for the daemon in extras.sh would be nice. :) Although there doesn't yet seem to be a downloadable extension for Tinycore.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/BuildingLinux

Murmur (mumble server) 2 years 8 months ago #1009

• hexparrot
  • Expert Boarder
not to steal the wind from MineOS+'s sails, but I find that the more and more non-standard stuff you tack onto MineOS, the less microcore and permanence files are appropriate.

at this moment there are no mumble/murmur tczs, so if you hope to include it, you'd have to download the build environment in microcore, download the source for murmur, create the tcz, then add it to your MineOS installation with all the appropriate startup configs etc.

you might consider a distro that has permanence by default when you get to the point where building from source is desirable.
Time to create page: 0.792 seconds